Thread: Hummingbird Cam
View Single Post

Old 04-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
Thank You for posting the websites. I love the critters MAMA Nature provides to us. Reminds me of 1987 when a Hummingbird hit our patio door....I thought they hovered up till then... This little feller(?) really banged the door and fell to ground.. Well, I went right out and picked him up and warmed him in my hand and blew my stinky breath into his face. This little feller got just one whiff and OFF he went.....I thought. For the next three months.....Everytime I was leaving for work ...he would fly out of nowhere and land in my hand...go figure. Yes, I have lots of photos..and ...as soon as I learn how to upload a Poloroid..I will send them your way....I got to the point that I would put sugar water in palm of my hand...and he would feed out of my hand.. Would not come to the kids..just me and my stanky breath.. after the three months fall weather set in and ..he took off and never returned.. But for three months I got to be one with Mother Nature. ( I figure it was a male only because females are mostly too smart to hit a glass door.)