View Single Post

Old 04-06-2011, 05:52 PM
n/a

Default The Liberals "magic Elixir"

I am not concern about a government shutdown. In fact it may be beneficial. Pols can't and won't ignore the basic needs of Americans. Beside the debate is the same old jawboning. What I am concerned about is the bigger picture. It seems whichever party is in we end up with the same old problems. I believe that is because the newbies or incumbents, as the case may be, coming in all are facing a "widow maker". Fraud, greed, mismanagement or incompetence each successive administration has added to this dilemma. Add to that unchecked egos and outlier (lobbyist, unions, etc) who really are pulling many of the strings and it is a wonder we are still surviving. I expect the only reason for this is that the governments of our enemies are more corrupt, etc then ours.

What "skin" in the game to pols have? After a short period of serivce they are entitled to benefits you and I could only dream of. How many of them even after 4 years walk out poor? They don't really have to perform. Heck Obama, while in Congress voted "present" most of the time. Even a trained parrot could do that.

I am not a tea party member but I do recognize that their basic benefit to us is there unity against specific issues, taxes, etc. I really believe that our only hope is to have conservatives, liberals and independents come together develop a platform they can all live with, and forgive the directness, " shove it down pols throats. If we ignore the term democratic/ republican, liberal , conservative and view our problems without those labels we will see that we have more in common than we are led to believe by our leaders whose only purpose in dividing us is to provide a "rasion d' etre" It is the only way we are going to come out of this tailspin. I have had this type of dialogue with several senators and representatives. As my Italian parents would say "Basta"! "Basta!" Enough! Enough!