Thread: Politeness
View Single Post

Old 04-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Smile

[QUOTE=faithfulfrank;34497

Again, I did not mean to be disrespectful to NYC folks. I've met many nice ones. Some of them did not believe we had indoor plumbing up in western NY, but once I told them we really did they were great.....lol...

TRUE STORY....I was training with a bunch of NYC firefighters and I told them, "Yeah, we had a bathroom fire the other day....but we got there quick and put it out before it could get to the house".....more then a few of the guys believed me! It was great.....

Frank[/QUOTE]
-----------------------------
Oh, Frank.....I have to respond as a fellow Western New Yorker. I purchased land in St. James. A few weeks ago, my sales rep sent me an online video of what is going on in my area. I could see the street and some homes going up. What really stood out was the many Porta-potties on the street. There were orange ones and green ones. I was showing the video to my friends and I said I was very upset because I wanted a green Porta-pottie and they gave me an orange one. I told my friends that I love TV with one exception.....they don't have inside bathrooms- thus the Porta-potties. Well, maybe it's a good thing I'll have an orange one....easier to see when I get up at 2 AM!