Thread: Politeness
View Single Post

Old 04-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Frank,

Some of the kindest most friendly people I have ever me have been from western New York. And I think what many folks see as rudeness in those from NYC, is just a symptom of the pace at which that city moves.

A little north-south story for Mr. Jgbama,

Our daughter went to Clemson (i.e. a tiger of a different stripe than whose with which you are most familiar). The day I moved her in broke a record for the hottest day with the temps above 104 (whew). The AC in the hallways was off as so many were in and out it would have just been a waste of energy.

Like many students, she and her roommate wanted to loft their beds. Her roommate's dad has a reserves weekend and my ex wasn't exactly helpful, so the moms figured out how to put the lofts together. Excuse this bit of male bashing - but we did read the directions. Many of the dads came in to check out our work and ask our advice.

After we were done and I headed out for a cold beer, one of the dads gave me one of the best compliments that I have ever received.... "Ma'am you have just revised my entire opinion of Yankees."

Bless his heart!