Thread: Golf car range
View Single Post

Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Veteran member
Default Electric is the way to go

I’ve tried both electric (Club Car) and gas (Yamaha) before settling on my Tomberlin. My first concern was range and I tested it by going from the far NW corner of TV to the far SE (466a shopping center), onto Sam’s, thence to Lowes, onward to Publix at Mulberry and then home to the far reaches of Chatham Village.

My reserves showed better than 50% more at that time and I was tired of driving around. I could easily have gone back to Sam’s and home again. The electric LSV allows you to legally go faster on roads within TV as well as to be able to cross highways surrounding TV. I choose to never drive on high-speed surface roads such as El Camino Real and Buena Vista – my inability to keep up with traffic on these roads endangers both vehicular traffic and me. Instead, I drive on the cart paths with the ignition turned to #2 – this restricts me to legal golf cart speeds.

The key to keeping your electric vehicle batteries in good shape is to fill them evenly and regularly. The automatic fill devices make this a piece of cake. Go electric intelligently and you will have a faster cart with essentially unlimited range. All you have to do is regularly replenish the batteries and remember to plug in the charger.