Thread: Politeness
View Single Post

Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Frank,

Some of the kindest most friendly people I have ever me have been from western New York. And I think what many folks see as rudeness in those from NYC, is just a symptom of the pace at which that city moves.

A little north-south story for Mr. Jgbama,

Our daughter went to Clemson (i.e. a tiger of a different stripe than whose with which you are most familiar). The day I moved her in broke a record for the hottest day with the temps above 104 (whew). The AC in the hallways was off as so many were in and out it would have just been a waste of energy.

Like many students, she and her roommate wanted to loft their beds. Her roommate's dad has a reserves weekend and my ex wasn't exactly helpful, so the moms figured out how to put the lofts together. Excuse this bit of male bashing - but we did read the directions. Many of the dads came in to check out our work and ask our advice.

After we were done and I headed out for a cold beer, one of the dads gave me one of the best compliments that I have ever received.... "Ma'am you have just revised my entire opinion of Yankees."

Bless his heart!
Loved it. Since I'm a Bama fan, I'll defer to the "Clemson Tigers". We refer to those other Tigers as "West Georgia Water Boys"!!

One thing we southern boys learned from our grand pappys was, never underestimate the power of the "women folk"!!

Don't y'all find it amazing on how fast we all can get angry on a topic, and in the next breath, give an attaboy or a smile to someone who needs one because they are having a bad hair day!!

Differences in opinions is what makes us all unique. Getting to like each other in spite of them builds friendships. I'm liking "youse guys" more and more each day!! "S-A-L-U-T-E-"!!!