Thread: Politeness
View Single Post

Old 04-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew View Post
I think many of these folks have never really met a native NYC'er and base their opinions on how NYC people are portrayed on TV, the same is true of the south and open air plumbing, I guess these same people believe we are living amongst aliens and wizards,.......by the way, NYC bagels are the best as is the pizza
I think that people from heavily populated areas are meeting a lot of people from more rural areas in a personal way. At first...we may be feeling a little strange to each other.

Almost all of us have gone to New York to visit, but not many New Yorkers come to West Chester, Ohio on vacation or business.

We have different styles and different life experiences.

We seem different sometimes, but are we really? Do we have different expectations from each other? Do we think the other is dumb? Unpolished? Unsophisticated? Backward? Rude? Pushy? Wimpy?

That answer lies in who you ask and who answers honestly.

Show me someone who doesn't love the place they were born and raised and think it superior to others.

Show me someone who doesn't love the WAY they were raised and think it superior to others.

Whatever the case, here we are together until the fat lady sings.

Is she the fat lady from the Met or the fat lady from an Ohio farm?

P.S. Bagels are kinda hard and chewy. You must try some soft, fragrant yeasty rolls from OHIO!!!

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-08-2011 at 08:51 AM.