Thread: Redsauce
View Single Post

Old 04-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
We ate a couple of time at Little Joeys and had really enjoyed the food both times. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Giovanni's.

I've eaten Gnocchi (potato based pasta) all my life; at restaurants, supermarket and my mother made it homemade all her life. I have to say that Giovanni's was the absolute worst I've ever had. It was more like hardened stale polenta (corn meal mush) than gnocchi. BTW, my mother made polenta with bakala (salted cod fish) and I loved it! Interestingly, when she was young, her parents would wash off the kitchen table and it was served directly on the table without dishes! Must have been a tradition in Italy. Unfortunately I've never found a restaurant that has it on their menu.
I might try Giovanni's again since one product that doesn't suit my taste, makes not a bad restaurant. The Villages Florida
We were talking about baccala this morning and yes it was served in my home with polenta..yum........as for Giovanni's, the pizza is good, as is the chicken parm.......good luck on your food watch

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages