Thread: How bad is it?
View Single Post

Old 04-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The humidity can be pretty brutal for those of us used to dry heat. I left California in September -- the temp was 107 as we were loading the truck; got tired from the work but really no problem. I arrived in Florida -- the temp was 83 as we unpacked the same truck. I thought I was going to die. Actually unloaded and started unpacking but told my daughter to pack an overnight bag and took her to New Orleans. Figured we needed to get acclimated to the humidity before it killed us, so may as well have some fun getting used to it. So, yes, it's bad but you do get used to it and it does become tolerable (as long as you're not outside in it too much). Dry heat is much easier to tolerate.

Do be prepared to have sweat drip off of you for at least the first summer while riding around in your golf cart or walking into a building. Again, it gets easier every year and you usually get a chance to get acclimated somewhat to the summer by the spring rains.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein