Thread: Politeness
View Single Post

Old 04-08-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
BigLew,

My daughter's in laws are from Istanbul. They were really worried about their son marrying an American because of the crime and the divorce rate. They were afraid that they might never see their future grandchildren in the event of a divorce. To top it off I am divorced which worried them until they learned that my former mother in law and I talk frequently and that she spends Christmas Eve with us.

I agree that many don't form their opinions from experience, just from hearsay. Iowa Park - I disagree with you about accountability - for the same reason that I agree with Lew. NYC is huge to the visitor, but for those that live there it is an amalgamation of neighborhoods. Even on the trains, you frequently see the same folks every day with similar commute times. NY is a vibrant, energetic and hectic city.

Once folks from up north get here, they do slow down. But after spending much of your life in one place, just like your accent, you don't completely lose your pace of living.

Now Mr. Bama - be thankful that Army Guy is in TV without a PC or he would have words with you. And those of us from Massachusetts would never say youse guys - it might make someone think we were Yankee fans..

And the best pizza in the USA is still in the place that it was first introduced int his wonderful country...New Haven, Connecticut!
I hear you loud and clear! My "youse guys" was just a friendly effort on humor, like many folks ask me, "Where y'all from"!! I've been to NYC, Connecticut, Mass., and Bangor, ME! Loved the area and people!!