View Single Post

Old 04-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvriley2000 View Post
Last week i came down with kidney stones, let me say they are very very painful. The attack came on fast. With the pain i went to the Villages Hospital. I was told there is a five hour wait in the emergancy room yes 5 hours.

I drove to Leesburg hospital and it was almost an hour. I can"t believe five hour wait. I was in buisness for years and this sounds like mismanagement. With the amount of people and the age in the villages its just not right. Befor i decided to tell this i called to se how much of a wait the other night. I didn"t get the answer i was hoping for. It was the same about five hours. Been talking with nieghbors and seems people know this is more common than not.

I enjoy the Villages and how nice it is But know i am scared to get hurt here with this situation. Would like to hear from others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having worked in the healthcare field for over 40 years (yikes!), I'm going to offer some advice to y'all. No matter what healthcare facility you are at, you need an advocate to fight for you. When I started working, it was about the patient....and I loved every minute. When I retired, it was about the paperwork. The patient was on the back burner.......very sad. I was so glad to retire because of all the changes in the healthcare field.........and I'm sorry to say it, but it is going to go from bad to worse. YOU NEED AN ADVOCATE TO FIGHT FOR YOU!