View Single Post

Old 04-09-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
Haven't noticed alot of bugs (we moved here from the midwest) except soon is "love-bug" season which is a pain. But is short-lived I think. You just have to be sure to wash your car well. The other bugs, I think, are either taken care of by T.V. (mosquitos etc) or the "bug men" you hire to come and exterminate.
As for allergies....was told this is "allergy alley" and you might notice a difference here. Though I had them "up north" so not sure if it's worse here or not. Just take the usual measures of "drugs" and air-conditioning!!!
Speaking of the dreaded "love-bugs". It use to be years ago we didn't experience them until we got down around Interstate 10, just below the Alabama state line. Now, after the hurricanes a few years ago they have been pushed as far North as here in Montgomery! I carry a fly swatter when I play golf in April and September, just to swat the darn things. It seems they like golf carts for some reason!!