View Single Post

Old 04-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Hi k-9

I have to give you sooooo much credit, after all, you at one time were on insulin and after dr. visit, were happy to report OFF insulin after your diet.....As I've said to you b4, you are my hero, because you inspired the ole' boy....In answer to your question here is a sample:

Breakfast - Old Fashion Oatmeal, followed by rye toast
snack - fruit, (apple, plum, pear, NO bananas)
Lunch - 1st week, nothing white (sugar, fat),instead fat and sugar free Jello Pudding with fruit and rye toast
Snack - Tortilla chips
Dinner - Veggie Fajita

Dramatic change came in first week, his fasting blood sugar was 180 b4, and after diet, down to 115 (normal 85-120) and he has been in normal range ever since....He has been off metformin for a week now and blood sugar is normal and has recently included fish in diet....All meals small but 6 times a day...

I also want to give credit to Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes book to give us guidance...

My husband is a retired dr. and has good medical knowledge and this book suggests that the reason for insulin resistance is due to an accumulation of intracellular stored FAT....You must fast in order to burn up this FAT in the cells....The results are normal insulin activity at the cellular lever which allows the acceptance of glucose from the blood...You must still maintain the proper diet or you will begin to store intracellular FAT once again causing an onset of Type 2 diabetes.

More than anything, not being diabetic, was AMAZED at how much in our pantry is BAD BAD BAD....Going to the grocery store in the beginning was a chore, looked at nutrition label on EVERYTHING, blown away by how much sugar and FAT is in our diet (cereal was a real shocker)...I've been dieting with the ole boy and both of us FEEL SOOOOO GOOD now....Truly amazing!
It really makes me sad when I'm reminded by ole boy's dr and pharmacist that tell us that SOOOOO many diabetics could turn their diabetes AROUND if they would give up their BOOZE and FAT in their diet...Really, you have to realize how BAD this disease IS!....What ever goes in the "pie-hole" is NOT worth
loss of sight, limb or life.....Life is too good here in our corner of heaven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Fantastic news from both of you.

jebartle, would you mind sharing what your dietary changes were to be so successful in such a short time? Maybe that would inspire others to do likewise . . .??

Last edited by jebartle; 04-09-2011 at 05:07 PM.