View Single Post

Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Gracie, I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it seems to be the TV mentality. There really does seem to be a way of thinking that says if you're not using it and if I don't break it, it's okay for me to use it without even asking.

Personally, I think you should ask before parking in someone's driveway or at least leave a note but people just park and walk away. I suppose I could give my neighbor $0.05 for the electricity I use in trimming my bush since it takes me about 5 minutes to cut it down to size and shape and maybe a dollar for the house where the circuit breakers constantly trip. For the circuitbreaker house, I also trim the neighbor's trees, so I think they're getting the better deal.

The odd thing is I'm willing to bet the people who feel free to just use/"borrow" wouldn't have dreamed of doing the same thing in their last hometown.
Surely not. Surely people in TV know the difference between borrowing and stealing! This was stealing, plain and simple. I'm appalled.

I think I would have video taped the cord from my house back to the guy using the equipment to use for evidence. If he didn't apologize and have a heck of a good excuse, I would have sworn out a warrant for his arrest.

We are all responsible for making TV safe, fun and livable. Stealing obviously is not the way to do that. But knowingly letting TVers steal from each other-- and blowing it off as "an entitlement mentality" that equates theft with borrowing-- is not the way to do it either. If I see a crime committed, I'll report it.

Did I mention I was appalled?