Thread: Leesburg Cop
View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I am like most very respectful and appreciative of the fine work police do. It can be a thankless job. However this AM I was on my way down to Altamonte Springs via 441. I was in the left lane traveling between 40- 45 mph in a 45mph. I spotted a Leesburg cop ahead. Some drivers moved over or ahead of the cop. Bikers could be seen in every direction. some cars speeded up to beat the yellow light. I did not For some unknown reason just before this yellow light incident ,this cop slowed up then pulled behind me and followed me about 5-6 miles until I reached the city line and then pulled into the left lane and went back around. During this time my poor wife was somewhat unnerved wondering why or what we had done?

When we reached our destination I made mention to the salesman of this incident. His first question to me was what kind of a car do you drive. I told him he lauhed and said that cops love to target high end vehicles. He told me his brother was a trooper and that it was common place for traffic cops to target high end vehicles. The salesman laughed and said police enforcement seems to attract more than an average number of bully types. He said his brother is a bully. I told the salesman to tell his brother that this type of harassement is not appreciated. The salesman replied that he doesn't speak to his brother anymore.

In today's not so civilized society what are needed more than ever are law enforcement officers who have the skills set to keep things harmonious and here we have a guy acting like an antagonist and to add insult to possible injury he is allowed to carry a gun with live ammunition

I want to report the guy but I know exactly where it will end up.. I'll be the butt end of their joke. don't they do psychological tests on these guys before they hire them???? I am outraged....I feel better now..thanks
... and your point is? Seriously, you want to report this guy? For what? How dare he follow your high-end car. I can see me getting upset if he followed my low-end car .... yeah, right.

Xavier