View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I would definitely say something to the neighbor and let him know to ask first. It may be that his outside outlets trip constantly. This is a common problem here. I wouldn't damage the electrical cord. Regardless of how we feel about it, TV has a mentality I've seen nowhere else. In many ways, it is a huge plus. You know that if you're in trouble, someone will help. It can, however, lead to things like this. Yes, it is stealing but, hopefully, this neighbor didn't see it as such (although I'm not convinced since he didn't just plug in to nearest house).

I have had neighbors literally "borrow" cleaning items off of my golf cart, such as my steamer. I wasn't happy about it, but didn't say anything, just thanked them for returning the item since I thought it had been stolen. When items were returned, they were returned with a treat of some sort attached. I've given up on worrying about it. It is the way of TV.

So, while it is not something I would do without permission, I do kind of understand someone just plugging into my outlet. I chalk it up to it being a TV thing and let it slide. There are bigger things to worry about (like how could I have missed that Trivia question last Sunday or why in heck did I play THAT card at bridge).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein