Thread: Packing our Pod
View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Default Downsize - Downsize

My wife and I were discussing, just last night, our planned approach in preparing to be "frogs", and it to go with the numerous suggestions we've read on TOTV - downsize, donate, thrift store. And when you think you are through, downsize, donate, thrift store some more. We don't want to spend our first month in TV sorting and fussing because we brought too much junk and didn't get rid of it back in Alabama.

I like the post that said if you have not used it in a year. . . get rid of it! We are not bringing furniture as we "hope" to find a furnished pre-owned. We have found in our 41 years of marriage (celebrated last night), that the real valuables are each other. We are outgoing people and are just that - out, going!

My plan, at least for now, is to get everything that really matters to us in a small U-Haul truck and tow her car behind it. I will sale my car here, because my next car will be a golf cart!!

Good luck to all who are packing now. There certainly is a lot of planning that goes into making a move when you aren't having everything packed, like an Air Force move where even the dust gets packed up!! Nothing saddens me more than getting to a new home, start unpacking boxes and saying, "hey, this is the same junk from our other house!"