View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 01:00 PM
n/a

Once again, I have to say that life does not begin until a baby is born or can sustain itself by breathing outside the mother's body.

One of you stated that this is just a slippery slope so government can get rid of old fools who take up too many resources. Not true at all.

How many of us have had relatives who signed a Do Not Resusitate order? Would you want your relative to linger for possibly years in a vegatative state breathing only with the assistance of a machine? I hope the answer is NO.

I had a friend whose mother suffered a massive stroke, was in a nursing facility for about 2 years, did not know who or where she was, was in constant agony,could not communicate and only screamed and cried and could only breathe with help of a machine. Her son wanted to turn off the breathing apparatus but his sister just refused saying a cure was always coming the next week. Fortunately, the mother passed on.

The choice of abortion is up to each mother individually. Take it another step. If it was your daughter telling you she was pregnant and was going to have an abortion for whatever reason - would you support her? Please do not say that she would never do that based on upbringing, etc. I just want to know if you as a parent would support your daughter in her decision?