Thread: Depressing
View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJinTX View Post
We will be in the Clermont arear in a few weeks and plan to visit the villages again. An unoffical visit. We REALLY want to move to Fl was that is where our family is located.
BUT, I will need to work - basically for health insurance.
After reading alot of the posts lately, the job market is not good.
I don't care about the pay just the insurance. I am an RN, but have not practiced in 10 yrs so would be better in an insurance department or admitting. I also hae retail experience and am presnetly working for a registered agent company.
Is there any reason we should visit? Or will we just be getting our hopes up for nothing?
Any input would be apprecitated. Thank you, BJ
Make an unofficial visit? Absolutely! if for no other reason than to make TV part of a relaxing vacation.

If you really want to move to FL- regardless of the reason- then you need to put yourself in a position to do just that.

If you don't, you will live the rest of your life wondering, what if?

If I infer correctly nursing is was your first love, professionally (unless of course you are a profesional lover, which opens up a completely different set of opportunities that might be better addresssed after the children leave the room

Anyway, getting back on point.

Consider this a friendly, supportive, yet firm kick in the backside:
1. Do what you must to get yourself current as an RN;
2. Simultaneously research area employment opportunities for RN (what a great profession...provide care, compassion, and comfort to those in need during a very stressful time in their life, and as I understand it a profession in great demand);
3. Submit resume and/or application to prospective employers;
4. Go on interviews;
5. Accept the job offer that best fits your lifestyle;
6. Buy in TV;
7. Leave TX;
8. Live happily ever after.

That's the way I see it....the bigger question...is that the way you can see it?

Last edited by gmcneill; 04-11-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: I wrote a follow-up post