View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
Have had cats throughout the years...though not now. Back in the day we had an "inside/outside" cat and that was fine because it seemed like people did that. Then later we had an "inside cat"...several reasons. Didn't want the aggravations (fleas, critters brought to show-off, birds killed etc) PLUS the community had installed a regulation about that. I believe most communities have that now...that cats shouldn't be allowed to roam. Many reasons for that! Even dogs need to be leashed so it's not just a "cat thing".

Here I'd not want to let mine out intentionally, due to all the natural preditors that could snatch it away. I'm sorry that your neighbor may have lost her cat in this unusual way. Have never heard of that happening.

A story I will tell here though is years ago...we had a neighbor, a block away, who had a cat. They would leash it outside BUT occassionally they'd let it loose or else it would get loose not sure which. It would come over to our house and our cat would go nuts. Our cat was an inside cat!!! The other cat would do it's business in the flowers and we had many birds in our yard (you get the picture). So one day I'd had enough....I didn't know the names of the people to call them so I was a nasty neighbor and "snatched" the critter and took it to the police station in our community and gave it to them to take care of. Yes I was a culpret this time but this had been over many weeks (possibly months) of aggravation PLUS our community did have an enforced ordinance with pets. Should I have taken the cat to the owner's---possibly---but would it have made a difference for the future? Don't know!! Thought if they had to deal with it this way---perhaps it wouldn't happen anymore. It didn't!!
OMG !!