View Single Post

Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

quirky, the "entitlement" issues are not a daily occurrence but they do happen. Much more so than in other areas of the country. Parking in a neighbor's driveway is common, especially in courtyard and patio villas -- there's little extra parking and the streets are too narrow to park your car without inconveniencing your neighbors. Usually, neighbors ask. Sometimes they take it for granted.

On the other hand, the send of "entitlement" is also one of the charms of TV. It comes with being a very friendly area. People don't hesitate to stop and help you -- whether it is being lost in a golf cart, something that dropped out of your cart, your cart broken down on the side of the path, pulling a heavy item to the curb for pick up. Ask a neighbor to borrow a tool and you'll get that tool and two others you "might just need."

So, to me, it is a tradeoff. I'll accept a little more entitlement than I'm used to for the kindness bestowed on everyone on a daily basis.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein