View Single Post

Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
Hello - This is my first post, although I have been reading TOTV for many months. I especially follow the "lost kitty" postings, and I'm rooting for Oliver to be found!

I am/was seriously considering The Villages - I need to work through the end of 2013 though (bummer!)

I currently live happily in a gated community near Jacksonville. I want to know more about the sense of entitlement and intrusiveness that seems to be "The Way of the Villages". While I like the idea of neighborliness and building a community of friends, I have to be honest and say it does not appeal to me to live in a community where people don't really respect normal boundaries.

For example, I would not want cars parked in my driveway or things missing from my golf cart - and I am a very friendly person. Just brought up to respect peoples' privacy. I am wondering if TV is a very good match then.

Please tell me more about what to expect in that regard - I'm not sure a Lifestyle preview visit would give me that.

Thanks very much -
Hi Quirky,
Welcome to TOTV! Since you think about wanting Ollie to make it home, I can already sense that you have the TV spirit. I bet you would love it here. Yes, friendliness and neighbor helping neighbor are prominent characteristics of TV. You can't miss these traits-- they are everywhere.

On the other hand, you could live here for years and still be shocked about the "perp" Freeda described in the original post on this thread, just as she was.

So no, you will not come down here and find a bunch of people who boldly take what doesn't belong to them. But if you're looking for folks who will help hunt for Ollie, boy will you be coming to the right place! You'll find such people in abundance from one end of TV to the other.