Thread: Kindle Question
View Single Post

Old 04-13-2011, 07:16 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I have had the kindle for a few years now. The $139 version. Being able to download from only a wifi location is not an issue as you can download several books at one time. When I turn on the wireless connection and download, I usually add 5 to 10 books. Then I turn wireless off as battery life goes way up. I go for weeks between charging if I leave wireless off. We went on a vacation to BVI this February and I read a lot, and I didn't even bother to take the charger with me.

As to where to buy? I got mine from Amazon but not sure it really matters. My wife also has a kindle and we each have an Ipad so all 4 are registered on a single account and have access to all the purchased books.

And if the library has e-books, yes you can download them. However with so many free books and the low cost of new books on Amazon with the ability to share, have not yet needed to use the library.

As to B&N viability long term? Hardcover books will never go away, but the demand will sure be less. So kindle vs nook, not sure it matters a lot other then whats available. Tough to beat the selection and pricing at Amazon though. So far I have never found a book I wanted not available. I am sure I will, but not yet and I read a lot.