Thread: Leesburg Cop
View Single Post

Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM

Initially, I was going to make a comment that this thread needs to be put to bed...because like many threads on so many forums, things seem to get beat to death. As a retired Chief and 30 years in service, the comments and topics regarding police officers/departments is nothing new to me. I don't take offense to the posts and remarks that we hear most of the time, in fact, I am often heard to make jokes and comments about cops and donuts and other remarks like "why don't the cops go after real criminals and leave the traffic violators alone". I think most of the time, comments such as these are all in fun, although I know that there are some real haters out there.

I don't believe the original poster here meant anything derogatory. I think he was just looking for opinions, although I may be wrong. I appreciate (which prompted this response) the Talk Host commenting about the seriousness and inherent dangers associated with police work. Thanks!

Take a minute if interested, to read my latest story "The Meet" on my blog, On the Road with the Chief. It's relevant to this topic.

Chief X