View Single Post

Old 04-14-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegeo View Post
Gracie,

Just to let you know we also used TV relo service and we not pleased with the realtors they recomended. Being a mortgage loan officer for 28 years I am very familiar with local realtors in the area and just wanted to see what TV could do for me. Three realtors called me, non from my town, I did meet with them but they were all over the place with a price. Had no clue as to my neighborhood. As you, I did not go with any of them.

So I paid for a "market value" appraisal to get a true value of our home and used that value. Plan was to put our home on the market "For Sale By Owner" for a month or two then if that did not work to put it with a realtor..local that knows the area and sucessful.

The good news is....ta da...I put our lovely home of 19 years on Zillow and Owners .com AND most important a "House For Sale" sign in my window (our kids had a fit saying the sign looked like a condemed sign). Had a contract in 3 days. I did co-op with a realtor. Buyer seen the house on Zillow called her realtor to call me and the story ends CLOSED.

Best news of all we will be in TV on Easter Sunday with a rented 22' truck that will hold all of our wordly goods. Renting for 3 months while our Begonia is being built in St. James and you know the rest. Happily Ever After. And I wish this wish for you and yours.
We have just put a deposit on a lot on Barks Dale in St. James. What street will you be on there?