View Single Post

Old 04-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
Sumter County commissioners rejected a request to allow golf carts to be able to use Sumter County roads.
http://www.dailycommercial.com/local...41411golfcarts
Thanks Spk,

This is another interesting article that could affect TV, although in ways that might not be all positive.

The article quotes Wildwood City Manager Robert Smith as saying he wants Wildwood to become a golf cart-friendly community-- which is fine-- but that, "interconnection with The Villages is key". This raises several questions in my mind:
  • Would his vision provide easy public access to TV-owned and TV-maintained cart paths? Only TV property owners pay for the building and maintenance of these cart paths. If outside use of these cart paths increased substantially, so would maintenance costs, which TVers (and TVers only) pay for via an annual non-tax fee on our property tax bills.
  • If the City Manager's plans would open public access to TV-owned cart paths, would (more) unauthorized use of our pools and other recreational facilities follow? Yes, I am aware that auto access is already available.
  • Would it affect TV's ability to be a "Self Contained Retirement Community"?
Note: I'm not saying these things would happen. I'm asking. On the plus side, it could help commercial interests within TV. I just hope it wouldn't do so at the expense of TV residential property owners.