View Single Post

Old 04-14-2011, 11:44 AM
n/a

So let's see.. Liberals cried that Bush was trying to 'grab the oil' or went to war in Iraq to keep oil cheap and THAT didn't work out.

BP and their contractors turn the Gulf into a toxic soup and give their executives a bonus for their best safety record ever.

"The market" is supposed to fix things according the the more orthodox conservatives AND IT IS DOING THAT if you believe in supply/demand. The oil companies withe their commodotization of oil will continue to produce their product at the HIGHEST POSSIBLE PRICE becuase they are beholden to their SHAREHOLDERS. The difference in the price of a barrel of oil from Alaska hasn't gone up 30% in a year because it costs more. It's because we'll pay it.

We need to fuel the endless lines of SUVs and pickups I see on my 30-mile commute. When unemployment skyrocketed, the price of oil CRASHED.

We think that trains are bad because they require subsidies (like everything else) so my public-transit commuting options are very limited and, for my current job, virtually non-existent.

Who elected Obama? Who elected Boehner? Bachmann? Who gave Glenn Beck high ratings? Who elected Pelosi, Reid and Biden? WE DID.

And if 'we' stopped watching American Idol long enough to actually RESEARCH a bit into the issues of the day, 'we' might find some solutions.