Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 04-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Hi Girls.......

Starflyte, I like Zappo's, too. And their service is so good that I feel like the order has arrived almost before you are finished placing it. There is a warehouse in Louisville and that's relatively close to Cincinnati, shipping-wise. Zappo's sure is efficient.

But I find their website to be a bit overwhelming. Usually when I go there, I am looking for my old faithful New Balance 801's that I have been buying for years. Since I know the brand and style, it should be easy to find exactly what I want. But last time, I gave up, called, and said, "Help!" And they helped.

The shoes were listed in a different section or something that made them hard to find. I wondered if my comfortable NB 801's might be headed toward becoming discontinued. So I bought a couple of backup pairs. Yes. I confess. I hoard New Balance 801's. Since I started wearing them, I have never had Achilles' tendonitis again. The shoes have no backs. And the doc told me to avoid shoes with backs when I can. And since retirement, that's a lot.

And about those shrugs.....

I found some shrugs at Macy's website, but I think Whalen has found the better deal.

Here's Macy's......

http://www1.macys.com/search/index.o...&Keyword=shrug

And girls, now, about those pantyhose.....

Who among you is willing to confess to having to wear those stupid, miserable panty girdles back in the days when there was nothing that needed girdling and before pantyhose had been invented?

Uh huh....a lot of you know exactly what I am talking about.

I remember being so excited to finally get my very first pair of stockings -- my people called them hose. And my mother said the panty girdle was how I should hold them up.....and that's what I used for a few years while waiting for L'eggs to be invented.

But now that I look back on those days of wearing those wretched panty girdles and think about it....ya know, those things sure could double as a chastity belt. I guess Mother really did know best.

Boomer

PS: I want shoulder pads to come back, too. Shoulder pads made the rest of me look skinnier.