Thread: RJ Gators
View Single Post

Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Sage

Hi Tom,

Glad to see you're back, but saddened that you had a not so good dining experience. I've not experienced that sort of situation at Gators. Sounds like this young woman either had a bad day and you got the brunt of her upset or she just doesn't have the right personality for the job. The wait staff helps make or break our dining experience in any restaurant. Of course food plays a very important part in whether we go back to a restaurant, but the waiters and waitresses are the people who act on our behalf. They need to make sure we're taken care of properly, let us know of any possible delays, express our concerns to the cooking staff about any problems with our meals and make sure our time in their dining room was to our satisfaction. It's a tough job and personally, I don't think I could do it. Waitresses or waiters that make our dining less than enjoyable should be mentioned to the manager....his job is on the line. Word of mouth about bad service spreads like wildfire and some people just don't want to deal with a surly wait staff and will dine elsewhere.
Hope you had a satisfactory discussion with the manager. Let us know how it went, will you?