View Single Post

Old 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
I'm aware of OOMA but have not used it yet.

1>We have an alarm system. (Not sure if we will in TV)
2> Has anyone used to fax? Not that I do so much but you never know ie to send infor to a DR....

We also use google voice so you can join your cell and ooma number. I have it set for work as well but that won't be an issue soon!

Lastly, setup a gmail e-mail account. Let's you call in the US (not sureabout Canada) over your internet for free. Great to use for those 800 phone calls.... You cannot get calls but you can use your cell for incoming....
Fax works fine for me (just have to *99 first) but I've heard some had problems with it. I had a problem with an old Panasonic Replay DVR. It dialed out every night to get the updated schedule. It was only a backup unit for me anyway so I never did get it working.

Ooma has extensions to integrate with Google Voice. Also has some of the same features as GV. For example, I have it set to email Voice messages (mp3s) to both my wife and myself. That way I can get messages on my Cell or Computer. That works well for me, since the Ooma is buried in the Den and not readily accessible.

Ooma has bulk rates for International calls. It's one cent/min to call Canada.