View Single Post

Old 04-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Default Picnic for Oliver

Starflyte,

Love the idea! How clever!!

I have sat out several evenings in the area, typically beginning at 6 pm until after 9 pm holding an open can of tunafish, a jar of treats and calling his name. Shaking the treat jar used to be very effective for rounding him up.

You may call me the cat whisperer as each time I ended up attracting ... other cats, but not Oliver. As soon as I said hello, each one would take off like greased lightening, which is typically a sure sign that said cat is not domesticated. Oliver would most likely be shy in his approach but hunger would drive him forward.

Oliver went missing from the far western end of Glenbrook. I have searched high and low in that neighborhood and all 6 houses in each direction several times. 70% of cats apparently never go beyond 6 houses away; apparently my beloved Oliver is in the other 30%. I have also searched several times the golf course, maintenance yard, posted flyers, run newspaper ads, run an announcemnt on the radio station, posted flyers at the postal stations, issued an amber alert using a commercial service, notified every shelter and vet clinic within a 20 mile radius.

There are about 625 other shelters in Florida, but time to run off and mail all those flyers has been an issue as I'm also working full time. I did reach out to the shelters in Marion County, including Ocala.

Thus, having the ability to write on this e-bulletin board has been a godsend. My sweet Oliver is out there....somewhere. I am hoping/praying that someone will feed him and get him into a contained space so I can come pick him up. I can also be reached via a private message here.

Thanks all,

Marcia