View Single Post

Old 04-15-2011, 02:49 PM
n/a

Default No that is not what I said. However, I do expect those companies

that are USA in origin and based drilling on USA land to put the country that made their prosperity the first priority.

And I would ask you would you rather they continue to exploit free trade at the expense of the quality of life of America first and foremost.

The question of the thread had to do with thoughts about why gasoline prices/price of oil are high and forecast to go higher. Yes I would vote for the USA keeping oil from it's wells here at home. The amount not exported will quickly be replaced in the world market by those countries that do not have our welfare as a priority.

All the USA would have to do is to state that it is embarking upon a path that reduces it's dependency on imported oil. Then specify it will begin by not exporting American oil. Then we will begin drilling more....where ever. Followed by aggressive investing in alternative fuels with an objective to reduce imports by 50% in the next ten years. The announcement in and of itself will cause a drop in oil prices...the age old solution that always keeps America hooked.

As was stated in prior responses in this thread we have failed as a country to get the job done for the last 40 years. The oil companies have a strangle hold on the politicians that will not put their cash to their cause at risk.

If we took the same approach to imported oil reduction as we did when Kennedy stated what we were to do to get into the space race...it would get done.

Not to mention all the new manufacturing of equipment to make this all happen along with new jobs....a very simple solution to all our problems...but politically not palitable to Washington's 535 and it's oil based special interest groups.

And of course the main ingredient....we the people just do not care enough to demand getting it done. But eventually we will. When it becomes a crisis of proportions that will dwarf any adversity this country has ever faced. It is, as the saying goes...not if it happens...it is only as matter of when it will happen. We are well on our way.

btk