Thread: Kindle Question
View Single Post

Old 04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
The original monochrome Nook is great for reading outside. I have an iPad and prefer it for indoor ereading but the screen glare made it uncomfortable for outdoor reading. I understand the color Nook might have some glare issues in outdoor use.

I bought a $99 refurbished wifi monochrome Nook and happily use it at the pool and other outdoor settings. I also did the $15 Philadelphia free library subscription (thank you Avista for the lead!!!) and between that and the free Friday books from B&N, always have plenty of reading material stacked up.

I have grown to prefer ereading to conventional books...much more comfortable to hold and easier on the eyes.
Same for me. I ended up buying the Nook instead of the Kindle because it supports library books, and I too joined the Philadelphia free library. I considered the iPad but was afraid the glare screen would bother my eyes after awhile, plus it appears it needs to be re-charged more frequently. I've been very happy with my Nook, and have even used the wifi feature on occasion to check my email.