Thread: Distance
View Single Post

Old 04-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
We aren't there yet, but plan to have one of each as I know "my car" will be a golf cart (gas) as another post stated. I've read about every post about golf carts and there are avid fans on both sides. We have riden in both. We did have an electric cart die on us in the parking lot at Mallory. Luckily the neighbor at the house we were renting was the caretaker for the owner. He came and rescued us. So, if you ever rent for a week or more and the owner has an electric, be sure to find out what to do if you get stranded. The problem we experienced wasn't low battery, but something else. I realize you can also have something go wrong with a gas cart too. Anything mechanical is subject to unexpected problems (like our real cars). Always ask who to call if you have any cart problems, gas or electric.
jgbama, thanks for words of advice about asking who to call if you have cart problem as I will be driving a gas cart for the first time in July when I rent in the Village of Chatham. My AAA motor club card probably won't cover golf cart breakdowns.