View Single Post

Old 04-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnermi View Post
John, I have told my one sibling that already. My other sibling is a trainwreck at best and I am being kind. Once my mom passes, Nurse Gail is retiring from managing all family health issues. Not sure who they are going to call as long as it isn't me.

Gracie, I have thought before of hosting an orphan dinner at the holidays. It is a hard time of year when you don't have any place to go. How nice it would be to invite other displaced people and make our own family and dinner.

Won't it be funny, if Schaumburger, Village Gal and I all end up in the Villages around the same time? I am so looking forward to the day. It is coming, I just know it.
runnermi,

That would be funny if you, Village Gal and I ended up in TV around the same time. It will be probably be at least 5 years for me before I will be in TV, so I will have to settle for visiting TV a couple of time each year for now. Hope your wait and Village Gal's wait is not that long. I am glad my father has good health (now if he would just wear his hearing aids at all times...so I don't have to repeat myself when I'm visiting) But he turns 81 next month and at that age health problems can pop up pretty fast. I'm taking it one day at a time because if I think five or more years wait I get unhappy.

The orphan holiday dinner is a great idea! I will bring the pecan pie or green bean casserole -- I usually don't mess those dishes up. No one ever confused me with Martha Stewart.