View Single Post

Old 04-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
VillagesFlorida,

Thanks for your input. TV does not seem too big for me, but then I have lived in the Chicago area for more than 30 years, so I'm used to a large metropolitan area with traffic and all that living in an area with 6 million people brings. I'm glad you are still happy with your decision. Maybe TV's marketing department should hire you for one of their internet ads.
I have been asked before if I am on the developer's payroll, since I have spent my years here "selling" this place! The Villages is like any city in one way: you can choose which areas and amenities to visit and use. You will have favorite restaurants that you will frequent regularly and certain stores and shops will meet your needs on a daily basis. The activities are here if you want them. Traffic IS worse in the winter months and we eat out at times when a lot of other folks don't. Instead of whining about so many people living and visiting here we have found our own niche, and we live our lives in ways that are comfortable and as stress-free as we can make them. The Villages is unlike any city in that you will not find a slum area anywhere. Of course there are always going to be those who find something to complain about or they are not happy. Perhaps if they were cancer survivors, like my husband and I both are, they might decide to pick their battles more carefully. As for me, I plan to keep on enjoying this beautiful place for as many years as I have left. Is it too big, too many people, golf carts, cars, too much traffic? Perhaps for some folks. I would rather spend my days worrying and stressing over stuff that REALLY matters. As a cancer survivor nothing matters that much! (Except maybe a relapse!)