Thread: RJ Gators
View Single Post

Old 04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPreu View Post
Interestingly, Friday evening after listening to the Rocky & the Rollers concert at LSL, my wife and I sauntered over to RJ Gators for a "better late than never" feast.

I was mildly surprized that they closed at 9:00 on a Friday, but that was neither here nor there. It was 8:30 and we were but two of the 6 people at the bar.

After waiting for a few minutes the bartender lady finally turned around and asked if we had been waited on. Things that make you go "hmmm" !! Well heck, she was the only one there, who else was going to wait on us?

She dropped off a couple of beers and disappeared. Hoping that it wasn't too late to order food (since she never asked if we wanted any), I flagged her down and asked if we could get a menu. Menus delivered!!!!

Not much personality to go with the minimal service, maybe she had a bad day. The food arrived quickly, as did the bus person who put up chairs on top of tables all around us. Geez, I guess maybe we were infringing on someone elses Friday Night social hour!!

The food, as previously mentioned, was pretty good, so the kitchen IS doing THEIR job!!!

As for tipping, I'm the type that you really got to tip my boat over for me to give you less than 20%. 15% would always be the minimum, 20% the norm, and exceptional service gets more.
Actually, I think I saw that particular waitress on Friday. When we walked in and went to the podium for tables, a waitress was there and she honestly seemed to lack the "charm" that most wait staff should exhibit. We talked with her, but she never smiled, barely answered questions and appeared to be a bit on the "grumpy" side. Quickly someone came over and got us our table and then along came a very congenial and attentive waitress. Maybe that first young woman we sort of talked with could be the one you and Tom might have deal with.