Thread: Distance
View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
We have a Star car. It is a street legal version and has a hi/low speed switch which converts it from regular golf cart speed (low) to street legal speed (high). When in hi-speed mode we can not go great distances - but usually quite adequate for our normal driving. If we plan to go longer, we shift it to regular golf cart speed and, as I indicated, it allows us to go from Hemmingway to Lopez and back (at night) with plenty of remaining juice. But our cart was not unique. We did this as part of a neighborhood golf outing and everyone's electric cart made it with no problem.
Thanks. I am a big electric cart fan. I did not mean to imply electric carts could not make that trip, but wanted to caution folks new to the battery world that all carts cannot go 50 miles. The cart I just bought with 3+ year old batteries (6-8 volt pack) will still push 30 miles. I live off of Murphy's Estates in Mallory and recently played Lopez. The odometer said I went 26 miles (a better golfer may only have travelled 24 miles ).