View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
If that happened to me I just might consider quietly flipping the breaker off while they were using their tool (or whatever) and leave them scratching their head (or whatever) wondering why their tool (or whatever) suddenly stopped working. It would be funny if they were dumb enough to start taking their tool (or whatever) apart to check it out before testing the tool (or whatever) on another outlet! BTW, I am talking about an electric tool... or electric whatever!

Did he just think that the home was unoccupied (or unsold)? I just closed on a home on Pennecamp drive and the homes on either side of us are completed and unsold. I think the temptation to 'borrow' their electricity would be pretty strong for some people who are not encumbered with the sense of personal honor and integrity I seem to be afflicted with.

I'd be tempted to just cut the cord. What could he say? "Hey, you just destroyed my extension cord while I was stealing your electricity?"

I currently reside in Virginia (retiring to the home we just bought on Pennecamp in two years) and, while I've never seen a neighbor steal someone else's electricity up here, the favorite sport here (at least with some folks) is to take off during the week in the fall and blow all your leaves unto thy neighbors yard.