View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
I have found that the developer and most people in The Villages react quite rationally to situations that arise. I guess the experiences of a lifetime reduce the tendency to jump and react brashly. There seem to be a number of reasons why this project hasn't taken hold, and flinging insults at those who find the circumstances of the event to be unworkable is not fair.

Maybe the project proponents should look inwardly and ask themselves why this event at this time is not working. It is most objectionable that they would publicly question the sincerity and, or patriotism of those who are unwilling to participate for what appear to me to be good reason.
In addition to what you've said, perhaps it's time to put the blame game to an end and start looking forward with planning toward next year, planning that would reduce the possibility of excuses and planning that will make sure that it happens.

Continuing any blame game can only breed resentment that could hinder any efforts towards making sure it will eventually become a reality. Ultimitely, success comes from positive, not negative thinking and actions, and that thinking has to begin with planners!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"