View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Location: April to November in Topsham, ME and November to April in The Villages
Thumbs down Gross Over Charge

I should have posted this a long time ago but when it happened I was just a monthly renter and didn't know about TOTV.

In January of 2009 my brother was visiting. He's arrived with what he thought was just a cold but it got much worse very quickly. We checked at one of the regional rec centers and they recommended Exceptional Urgent Care on Rt. 101. The doctor saw him, checked him out, gave him a shot and a prescription to fill at CVS. There were no tests done, no blood taken or any other thing that would require an extra charge. When he was done he submitted all his medical insurance ID's and paid a $30 co-pay. A month or so later he received a bill for over $300. There was NO mention of this charge when he was paying the co-pay. After checking with his insurance coverage and the charge was declined, Exceptional Urgent Care still insisted on payment. Eventually they negotiated a reduced amount and my brother paid it.

As far as I'm concerned, Exceptional Urgent Care ripped-off my brother and I will never go there or recommend it to anyone.