View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
When is it scheduled to open? Do they also have a restaurant? If so, will it be open when the course opens?
I see what looks like the resturant and pro shop well into construction at the location that I had seen on a map for the site of both. This structure is south of Roosevelt and you can see the two roofs for the proshop and the resturant with the flat roof between the two like all of the country clubs south of 466.

Havana resturant did not open for some time after the course opened as they had trouble finding someone to lease it. Palmer resturant opened a short time before the course opened. Palmer has always been owned and operated by The Villages. Palmer resturant was the first thing open south of 466.

Now the question I have is will The Villages own and operate then new Bonify resturant? My thoughts are that they will because the want that new area to start out strong and they did not want to operate Havana and it took them a while to find someone to lease it. They will not want the problems that Havana resturant has had the first year or so (or perhaps now) in that new area south of 466A. As the owner operator they have control over the quality and service of this new resturant. The Villages does not want to be in the resturant business but may feel they have to and get this area off to a good start.

I also had heard a rumor that The Villages were trying to lease Cane Garden resturant and not operate it themselves any more perhaps to free themselves up to run Bonifay.

These are just my thoughts.