View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by village_gal View Post
The reason I am locked into this rate is because my pre-existing health problems showed up with Aetna. In Florida, you can get coverage at a high rate....Obama fixed it alright....you can get insurance but the rates are high, they sock it to you. I think I have phoned every insurance company there is. My agent said this is the best I can do, han in there until I'm 65...well that's **** years away! On top of that I had a home accident on sunday with a minor head injury....I prayed hard not to have o go to ER. I think I'm going to be ok in time.
Village Gal

I am going to be in the same boat you are in the 2 years, taking Cobra for 18 months and then pick up other insurance if no pre conditions or stay with what I have now. I have a couple of comments, Obama's health care plan is supposed to be capped at 4% of your salary. at 50 k per year the maximum you would pay would be $2,000. My understanding is that should start in 2013, lets hope that is true but I find that hard to believe. Have you considered starting a health savings account, these accounts allow you to put money in an account for healthcare costs and the growth in the accounts are tax free. I will try to invest a min. of $10 k to at least fund a few years for the higher deductibles. Good luck to you, hope you are recovering from your fall. I understand your concern about an ER visit, had a kidney stone a few months back and the bill was over $ 7,000, luckily I only had to pay $100.00.