Thread: CYV Rentals
View Single Post

Old 04-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I don't know the answer to 2 vs 3 bedrooms, but location really does matter a lot. I have to think it is the most sought after factor. I have 2 rental homes, one is 5 minutes from LSL and the other is 8 minutes from LSL by golf cart. You would think it would not matter. I have had many people who call on one home, end up looking at both, and always choosing the one closer to LSL. And that is their only reason. Even had people who like the further home much better, but choose the closer one. The furthermost home is a designer, much larger, more features, and the closest one is a small ranch. It shocked me that the activity level, site views and rental inquiry's were so significantly higher on the closer to LSL home. Even when I explain to them it is only a difference of 3 minutes, they still prefer to be closer.
I think because people who don't live here think that being really near a square is really significant...which it really isn't. I bet it guides a lot of people's home purchase too. I also bet that after they buy they wish they were closer to the grocery.

A better question is just how many months a year a rental property is rented. I think that is a big eye opener.