View Single Post

Old 04-20-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Good additional data Trudy. I do not plan to live in either home as we already have our retirement home also in TV. My rational was at the time the stock market was not doing so well, real estate pricing and mortgage interest was at an all time low, so I felt buying real estate was a better place to invest then the stock market. So far it has worked out well. I have been very lucky with renting by getting someone for 6 months in my first home every year as that eliminates the Florida state tax requirement. I now have to address that with the new home. After I retire, I plan to use these properties to provide a day a week work for me and some extra income as I pay down the mortgage. And when we get to a point they are to much to handle, will sell them for the equity.

I have even been studying how to be successful doing a FSBO and believe I have that down to a working plan as well. Getting ready to test it for a friend of ours.
Thank you for the all the info. I am highly considering purchasing a patio villa for investment property. If I read your post correctly If i were to pay cash for the house it seems I maybe able to squeak out a return. If i rent only the high month jan - march i can break even. My htinking is sort of the same as yours. Stock market is doing nothing and I feel more comfortable owning a hard assert such as house.

Thought are very much appreciated