Thread: deposit anxiety
View Single Post

Old 04-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrisp View Post
During our last visit, we put down the required amount to hold a building site for one year. Even though a year is a long time, the anxiety of our house being on the market and not selling, is great. I know that spring and summer are better months for activity. The thought of losing the deposit is always in the back of our minds. Is anyone in the same "boat" so to speak?
We also have put down a deposit and are in the process of deciding when to put our home on the market. It is scary to think that we could own two houses and be paying expenses for both. Losing a deposit is not what we want to do either. We are coming down in May to make selections. I have been told we make those selections with the realtor(???) I read somewhere that you were assigned a design person to help with selections, but the realtor has made no mention of that. We have a list of upgrades that we would like to get prices for. Does anyone know if your realtor can give you amounts on those upgrades? We have built 10 homes and always worked with a designer for selections, not the realtor. I realize I will be limited on choice but I am unsure on how this will work. Can anyone who has recently been thru the process shed some light.