View Single Post

Old 04-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Gold member

I did not think about snowbirds and CYV. That is what we just bought. We already met 2 couples who bought on our street in Buttonwood..they were there looking at the homes they just bought just as we were. One is snowbirding and the other will be full time like us.
I still would not give up the CYV being fenced in. We do like the privacy and absolutely need the fencing for the furry kids. I am looking forward to having breakfast on the patio in my jammies and the fence will protect others from seeing me as the mess I am when I wake up.

I thought about other kinds of houses and underground fencing, but although that might keep the kids in, it does not keep other dogs out. With a little mini doxie, I would not feel she would be safe when another dog could come into the property.

When I lived in houses with fences before we all got to know each other. If you are interested in being friends with neighbors, as we are, there will be many opportunities to get together. It is more a matter of life style preference of being friendly than having or not having fences.