View Single Post

Old 04-22-2011, 05:46 AM

I have had my home up for sale for 7 months, Finally started to receive interest when I lowered the price well below what I wanted. It is hard to understand what is going on in the market. However It kind of looks this way. The village price of a new home is going up, existing homes are droping in value in the villages. Every one else in the country is lowering there price substantially to sell. It leaves everyone with a simple choice. Lower your price until someone buys and pay more to live in the villages or stay where you are and see what happens in about five years. That is about when the market is estimated to reach about half way back to where it was. I make no comment on how the village does business or what you actually set the price of your place at. I am not telling you to give up but telling you what is really happening. You can do the math. As for the real estate agent telling you to lower your price because they want to just make money on your sale. He or she knows the market better then we do. Their job is to tell you the truth as mine has told me, Several times. Believe me I lowered the price kicking and screaming. Frankly no one else cares how we feel. I finally started to at least get offers for my home much lower then the asking price. Which is a start for negoiations at least.