View Single Post

Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by momesu View Post
I am relatively new to these boards and hope I am doing this correctly.
I visited the TV in January and fell in love. I am, or rather will be, single by the time I hope to move down and so don't need a lot of pace. That said however I am a quilter and crafter and so am looking for three bedroom homes so I can have a dedicated sewing/craft studio and guest room. I really like the privacy of the Villa's but and also looking at Cottage homes since I am concerned that it might be harder to get to know neighbors if my yard is walled off from them.
When I stayed in TV in January I was staying with friends who had just moved into Pennicamp and they were always conversing with new neighbors while standing in backyards.
I know that Cottage homes seem to be a bit less expensive which is also something I need to factor in. I would love to hear if anyone has any experience or opinions to offer concerning CYV's verses Cottage Homes. It's scary when I think about having to make a decision as big as buying a home on my own after sharing decisions like that for 38 years......
Thanks for any opinion. Oh I am hoping to be able to visit TV again in June, July or August to choose a home.

S.
Momesu,

Keep us posted if you do choose a home this summer. I will be renting in TV in July but I'm still several years away from being able to buy in TV.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 04-22-2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: word correction.