View Single Post

Old 04-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Our return to the "great" northeast

Our previous visits to TV have been by plane. This time we were able to spend 4 months so we drove.
We regretfully headed back to upstate NY earlier this week. Everything went well the 1st day. Traffic was reasonable, mostly everyone did the speed limit and road conditions were fine.
The 2nd day on the road wasn't anything like the first. We left North Carolina and traffic got heavier and faster. It was like a free-for-all!
Washinton DC was an eye opener. Most everyone drove over 80 MPH.
Once we got into New Jersey, there were several areas of road construction. The speed limit was reduced to 45 MPH. I gradually reduced my speed to 55MPH or so and heard brakes squeeling behind me. This happened more than once. People were blowing their horns and giving me the "salute." I obviously didn't want to get rear-ended and didn't want to impede the flow of traffic so I sped up even faster.
Here's the question:
Should you do 80MPH in a 65MPH zone that's been reduced to 45MPH in a construction zone or obey the law, do 45MPH and risk a collision?
PS...we're safely home...woke up this morning and there's FRESH SNOW on the ground!!!
WE already miss TV.